Thursday, May 7, 2015

Social Anxiety

If you are like me and haven't had company to the house in months, or you cringe at the thought of going out on a Tuesday night, then check out this article by A. K. Whitney, on The Write Life. She talks about freelancers who go feral when they work from home. It rang a few bells for me. At my first school talk this Spring, I had to work extra hard to act professional and not like the stumbling cave dweller that I felt like inside. My favorite line of Whitney's is, " Remember, only you can prevent your friends from feralizing."

What does it say about me that the first thing I do when I creep out of my feral winter cave is dig in the dirt??? But it works. When I garden in the front yard neighbors stop by, and I get to see the baby's new tooth, hear the scoop on someone's carpal tunnel, and learn where their kids are going to college.

How about you? How do you de-feralize?

No comments:

Post a Comment