Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My nonfiction writer’s list of things I am thankful for.

Like everyone else, tomorrow I will gather round a Thanksgiving table and celebrate my appreciation for family and friends.  But today I lift up a few things that make my job as a nonfiction writer easier and enjoyable.  What would you add to the list?
  • The spark of another new idea
  • The perfect kid-friendly analogy to show a complex concept
  • Nonfiction-reading boys
  • A dynamite quote that lifts me off my seat
  • A thorough bibliography in the back of a book
  • Experts who love to talk
  • Fifteen cent notebooks at a back-to-school sale
  • Finding the perfect“Oh Wow” fact
  • A new ream of paper
  • Eeking that last page out of the printer before the ink cartridge croaks
  • The smell of an old reference book
  • Librarians
  • My critique group - Irreverent only begins to describe them
  • An enthusiastic husband who doesn’t mind slamming chicken bones in the car door for an experiment.
  • oh, yeah - and the next book contract.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment