- The spark of another new idea
- The perfect kid-friendly analogy to show a complex concept
- Nonfiction-reading boys
- A dynamite quote that lifts me off my seat
- A thorough bibliography in the back of a book
- Experts who love to talk
- Fifteen cent notebooks at a back-to-school sale
- Finding the perfect“Oh Wow” fact
- A new ream of paper
- Eeking that last page out of the printer before the ink cartridge croaks
- The smell of an old reference book
- My critique group - Irreverent only begins to describe them
- An enthusiastic husband who doesn’t mind slamming chicken bones in the car door for an experiment.
- oh, yeah - and the next book contract.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
My nonfiction writer’s list of things I am thankful for.
Like everyone else, tomorrow I will gather round a Thanksgiving table and celebrate my appreciation for family and friends. But today I lift up a few things that make my job as a nonfiction writer easier and enjoyable. What would you add to the list?