I don't usually take New Year's resolutions seriously, because like most people I don't follow through. But I do find that January is a good time to take stock of the projects I have been working on. I think it has something to do with taking down the tree, boxing up the decorations and returning everyday nick-knacks to their rightful places on the shelves. I'm ready to get things back to normal and get back to work.
Here is where I stand at the start of this year --
- Picture book biography of Roger Tory Peterson - is at the illustrator
- Writing Nonfiction how-to - on editor's desk
- WWII novel - finished, but I need to look more closely at character development
- mid-grade fantasy - just read chapter 7 to my critique group
- Preliminary research for a new biography subject
So, this year I need to call the editor about the how-to, polish my novel and dig deeper into Milosz's back story. I will finish my mid-grade manuscript and decide on who I will focus on for my next biography.
One year from now, I'll be able to look at this list and see how well I did. And I promise to tell the truth. Honest.